The Problem is Simple - No One Taught Us How to Make Money

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Like a lot of people, I have a college education. Years ago I planned a career in corporate America and live the middle class American dream. I was lucky, I fell into the trading business and learned about money. It wasn't on purpose, I didn't suddenly decide that being a trader was a great idea...the job was offered to me.

During one the current recession, I have made one very interesting observation about the US population. We don't have the slightest idea on how to make money efficiently with a level of low risk. We've forgotten the principle of the American dream. It's shocking

I have a friend who is a university professor and has found his salary cut back drastically and has decided he is going to start a restaurant. Of course, it will take all of his savings and a hefty loan from a banking friend to finance his operation, and then there is the problem of running a successful restaurant. He knows nothing about restaurants, or making money, but a restaurant was the best idea he could come up with. And he is going to risk his life savings and mortgage his future on a bet that he can make the thing work out. I hope he does...

What's wrong with this picture? We are a country of technology and education, but the true sense of entrepreneurship we enjoyed in the past is fading.

Do you have a Plan B? Sure, you can sell some fruity health drinks that promise everlasting life, sell berries to lose weight, or pester your friends to death with the latest MLM opportunity, complete with ads of successful MLMer's driving Ferrari's and living in mansions. I think anyone who has every been involved in an MLM knows how the story usually works out. It ain't pretty, or cheap.

What wrong with learning a skill specifically designed to make money?

This is the point where I become completely baffled. I trade, all I do is try to make money. I don't try to sell anyone, and my income is is not dependent on someone else buying the latest gizmo I am trying to hawk. I have a distinct and specialized skill that is easily taught and readily learned and yet this business is often ignored. Oh, some people might look into it a little bit, and usually get frustrated with the terminology or the fact that it may take a bit of learning, time and practice to get good. But once you got it, baby, you become a money making machine. A goose that lays golden eggs, yet few people will take the time to learn this relatively easy skill.

In my opinion, most people know more about their lawn than they do their money, and this recession is eating away the money they have.

It doesn't have to be that way. I just don't understand.

People who read this post also read :



1 comments:

Blogger said...

Get daily ideas and methods for generating $1,000s per day ONLINE totally FREE.
JOIN FOR FREE

Post a Comment